Finding the time to squeeze in a workout (so you can still squeeze into your pants) over the holidays is always a struggle. That being said, YOU CAN DO IT! We’ve found some really quick, simple, and fun ways to enjoy yourself, splurge a little, but also get some great holiday exercise.
The secret is keeping it simple! Add speed to your regular daily activities, wear a pedometer to track your steps, and play in the snow with your kids instead of watching them from the window. Here’s our list of activities to try out:
- Park far away at shopping trips
- Walk fast and skip the escalator between stores
- Go sledding and play in the snow with your family and friends
- Take your family skiing or ice skating
- Take a family walk after meals
- Do a quick workout at your hotel exercise room or pool
- Check your local area for a Santa/Holiday Run
- Do pushups or run in place between commercials
- Shovel snow for a session instead of bringing out the snowblower
- Run around your house as a family a couple times a day; be creative and silly
Quick Holiday Exercise Videos:
In addition, we’ve found some quick YouTube workout for you to try:
Okay, there you have it! Give a few of these ideas a try, and remember to relax and stay in the moment. Happy Holidays from us at Ecology Runner!